Friday, 14 January 2011

It rained and it poured

Apologies for the lack of posts in the past few days. I've had a pretty busy week. Yet so it seems have thousands of others, with massive floods engulfing two thirds of Queensland. Obviously this week has been devastating for many people who have lost their homes and possibly loved ones, and my thoughts and my thoughts go out to them.

I was due to fly up to Brisbane today but it seems my holiday has been postponed by the uncontrollable forces of nature. I am just so glad to know that friends up in Brisbane are safe and largely unaffected. I'd have to say that most of Australia is in shock at the moment. It just seems rather surreal as you never think these sorts of disasters will happen so close to home.  

Hope you have a safe and happy weekend.
x L

No comments: