I'm listening to this record again.
It is probably my favourite Dylan album that I have listened to, and it is also the first Dylan I ever listened to. So the album has alot of distinct memories attached to it for me. I find with music that you really connect with, you always have memories of when you first listened to it. In this case Blonde on Blonde brings back memories of being in first year uni. Listening to this made me feel very grown up haha but I was still very shy and naive. So now that I'm a little older and a little wiser it's still nice to listen to it, it makes me feel younger. I get this feeling of hopefulness and excitement that you feel when you start growing up...
Anyway, I may have mentioned this before, I can't remember, but the title of this blog is from the song Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands at the end of the album. I pretty much love all the songs on this record and find it really hard to choose favourites, but here is a 'romantic' favourite:
*Also, to all my friendly followers, I am sorry if I haven't commented back much lately, I seem to be having trouble commenting on some blogs and not others?? But know that I am still reading!*

2 comments:
This was also my first Bob Dylan album! I remember being obsessed with Visions Of Johanna. I still love that song.
I also can't comment on my own blog or anything lately amd I'm all worried everyone thinks I'm snubbing them. Blogger is being nutty, haha.
"Sad Eyed Lady..." is a favorite of mine too, which got a lot of play in my 1st appartment in the late '60s. Room mate called it a hymn to the Statue Of Liberty and I think he was right. 1st-time visitor to your excellent blog. My compliments!
Post a Comment