via wartimefashion
So here I am again in war time attire, it's funny how cutting your hair opens up a whole new scope for style - and it is such fun to wear! Anyway I like this style because it is practical, comfortable clothing and yet still super sexy. I got these overalls a few weeks back and have been wanting to share them ever since - and they just happen to be perfect war time attire.
I also found this wonderful tumblr wartimefashion full of inspirational pictures of women factory workers and magazine ads during the war. The 40s was an incredibly fashionable era considering that it was a time of hardship and ration. The "Make Do and Mend" concept is also a fantastic thing to ponder nowadays when we live in a society obsessed with buying 'new' things. It was ideas like this and the woman power of collective effort that really helped win the war.
Outfit: all thrifted (who am I kidding!?)
Ha er yeah just ignore the fact that I have no muscles...."WE CAN DO IT!"
You can check out this video if you want to try out this Rosie scarf look yourself!
Hope you're having a swell week :)

No comments:
Post a Comment