Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Shiny shoes

Today I did a spot of op shopping and came across this lovely pair of 70s silver pumps on sale for $3.50.

Characteristically 70s: chunky heels and thick soles!

The down side was they don't fit my big feet, but they were so ridiculously cheap that I brought them home anyway. I think I will try and put them on display somewhere in my room. It is very rare to come across 60s and 70s pumps in op shops, usually they sit in the windows of expensive vintage shops shining out at you as if to say "you can't afford us, and we probably won't fit you anyway."

I hope the rest of the week turns out to be as shiny as these shoes!
Have a nice Thursday.
x L

1 comment:

eliza said...

They're gorgeous! I had never actually thought of using shoes as a display, that's a great idea. To think of all the shoes I've passed up because they haven't fitted me, that could've gone on display in my room!

xx