Today's outfit: thrifted faux fur jacket and boots, vintage dress.
Today I was still feeling a little bit sick so I decided to wear something that was sure to keep me nice and warm. I had my first week of classes this week and have been silently pitying all the little firsts years in their low quality sweat shop clothing. It's only in the past year as I've stopped buying brand new clothing, that I've felt truly happy. I don't feel guilty about spending money anymore because second hand is cheaper, one of a kind, boycotting cheap labour and preventing waste. And that's not even including how fun thrift shopping is!
Not that I was a perfect first yr. I wasn't. I think everyone is trying to shake off their high school years and find themselves in first yr uni. It's just a shame that kids feel so hung up about 'trends' and 'fads' and 'fitting in'.
Uni, I've thankfully discovered, is about being whoever you want to be.
Being a vegan, I always feel a little apprehensive about wearing faux fur in case someone thinks it's real so I usually attach this little badge to the collar or my bag just to be safe.
Hope your Thursday was rad!



4 comments:
I'm exactly the same about faux fur, I've avoided it in case someone thinks it's real! But your badge is a great idea, I'll have to invest in one.
xx
Yes definately :) I'm lucky enough to know a place (www.stickyinstitute.com)in town where you can make your own badges for 50c each...I wonder if Brisbane has such a place? x
You girls over the pond have such great style, I swear!
i was wearing a very obviously faux fur jacket once and someone made a rude comment about me wearing a dead animal while i was walking down the street. if only they looked a little closer...that badge is a good idea! also, that coat is really lovely!
Post a Comment