I made it back from duck rescue. Thanks to all of you for your support and well wishes regarding this issue :) It was quite an experience - very surreal. This kind of contrast between the serene beauty of the wetlands at dawn and these terrible gut shots echoing all around you. It was also nice being around so many like minded people.
Unfortunately there was an accident on Saturday and one of our duck rescuers was shot in the face. Very shocking and scary - and it was all over the news. Luckily she was ok as the shot guns only scatter small pellets- just in shock as you can imagine. The media seems to have taken our side in this incident so hopefully this will increase the chances of having duck shooting banned. I also (like many people) got fined on Saturday (boo boo boo!) because what we were doing was illegal. And I nearly got fined again on Sunday except I ran like hell through the water and mud to get away from the officers!!
Anyway we managed to save some ducks but sadly alot of the injured ducks we did rescue died of shock soon afterwards. Also, because of heavy rainfall there were alot of baby ducks around and this meant that baby ducks were killed. Our rescuers collected their tiny bodies as evidence. Even if they weren't killed by bullets they will die of starvation if their mother's get shot.
Anyway we managed to save some ducks but sadly alot of the injured ducks we did rescue died of shock soon afterwards. Also, because of heavy rainfall there were alot of baby ducks around and this meant that baby ducks were killed. Our rescuers collected their tiny bodies as evidence. Even if they weren't killed by bullets they will die of starvation if their mother's get shot.
Sorry to end on such a sour note. I promise future posts will be nice and positive!
x L

2 comments:
That's horrible! It sounds like you guys did the best you could. I just don't understand shooting. It's so cruel, and totally uneccessary. Makes me so angry!
xx
i agree, its very upsetting
Post a Comment