Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Dreams and realities


As I'm sure you may have noticed I've been feeling a little bit angsty lately. Not in a bad way - my life definitely isn't falling to pieces, in fact I feel like I am in a good place in my life. It is more a kind of restless angst, expectant and suspicious of things to come.

I have met quite a few new people lately, which is great (I am only just beginning to get over my shyness at 21!) all of which are nice and some of which are of the opposite sex. I find this slightly unsettling because at the start of the year I finally managed to shake off my desire for a 'man' and appreciate being independent. So essentially as soon as I stop looking for love fate presents me with a platter of nice guys. I have also grown to be instinctively suspicious of happiness.

I guess I try and combat this feeling of suspicious instability by:
a. listening to angry girl music haha
and
b. dressing with my foot in two doors - feminine and tomboy - ie. I like to wear short skirts with clumpy riding boots, or florals with bow ties...
and
c. sometimes writing poetry

I suppose the most important thing to remember is that, no matter what happens (nothing may happen or everything may happen) is to love yourself and be true to your own desires.

Here is a song from my favourite teenage go-to angsty band: The Ramones - 'Needles and Pins'


Hope you're having a fun week.

x L

1 comment:

islabell said...

the ramones are awesome!
and florals with bow ties <3