Hello. Many apologies for my terrible blogging habits over the past week. I have been having some technical problems when it comes to uploading photographs, which is a shame as I wanted to share my new Brisbane vintage 60s shift dress with you. But as this shall have to wait I've decided to share some music musings with you instead. I'm really digging this song at the moment, it's just so up beat and fun and I love that artists - male and female - experimentated with androgeny in the 70s. My favourites androgenies are
David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust: he just looks so shiny and alien and asexual that it's positively erotic
Joan Jett: my super-fav rock lady,she is so hot I would turn gay for her!...and
The New York Dolls: I love that they made wearing make-up and dressing in drag tough and punky turning typical masculine ideals upside down.
I watched 'The Filth And The Fury' the other night and loved it, and since Bowie was loosely connected to the punk movement it got me thinking about how much I love punk and glam and 70s underground music. It was just so interesting and exciting and eploding with energy.
Hope you're having a great weekend!
x L




2 comments:
great list...looove Bowie :) my favourite video ever is by him...ashes to ashes!:) xx
Great post, Bowie is a legend x
Post a Comment