Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Style Crush: Jimi and Jimmy

So I'm sitting here at a quarter to twelve, bright as a daisy. The truth is I'm worked up. Normally I sleep like a baby. I'm a napper. I'm usually yawning as soon as it hits ten thirty. I haven't felt like this in a while, and at this point I'd be prepared to bet I could pull an all nighter the way I feel. Listening to led Zepplin probably isn't the most relaxing, sleep inducing choice either, but what the hec! I've been pretty bad at blogging lately, but I'm a true believer in neurotic blog posts, so I've decided to go on a man-style rampage! Yep rampage.

The similarities and differences between these two are pretty self explanatory: they're both beautiful, talented men with nifty fingers, they were both iconically stylish and daring in their sense of fashion, they both played in some of the most popular rock bands of the 60s and 70s and did I mention they're both babes? One is black and one white, one lived and one died. 

I admire them both not only for their inedible musical talent, but also for their unique and strangely similar sense of style.











I am still constanlty in awe of how revolutionary the 60s and 70s were in terms of music, fashion and politics! I will never get over it.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

4 comments:

Geo. said...

Thanks, Lizzy, for this enthusiastic retrospection. I was there and do remember. Especially appreciate quote: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -Jimi Hendrix. I only wish the world would wake up to it.

naivebones said...

I love your blog so much! And Jimmy Page's velvet pants, jesus I wish I could have his trouser-wear so bad! So groovy, xxx

http://naivebones.blogspot.com

Rhiannon said...

I love Jimmy Page and all his amazing suits!

Nicole said...

I love style of Jimi Hendrix