In light of the new Scorsese documentary which I really need to see right now, I thought it was fitting that I stumbled upon this tumblr blog last night:
Most of the photos I usually see are of serious George or smiling George but you don't see much awkward George...unless you visit this blog.
All I can say is, I wanted to be serious, I wanted to be like "no I will not let awkward George get in the way of sexy George" but then I failed. It's just too funny. Then I realised, as I think one person commented on the blog itself, that George being awkward is sexy.
:D
It also has this great quote from Dhani Harrison a couple of pages down which I just love so much:
“My earliest memory of my dad is probably of him somewhere in a garden covered
in dirt, somewhere hot, a tropical garden, in jeans, khakis, covered in dirt
just continuously planting trees. I think that’s what I thought he did for the
first seven years of my life. I was completely unaware that he had anything to
do with music. I came home one day from school after being chased by kids
singing ‘Yellow Submarine’, and I didn’t understand why. It just seemed surreal:
why are they singing that song to me? I came home and I freaked out on my dad:
‘Why didn’t you tell me you were in The Beatles?’ And he said, ‘Oh, sorry.
Probably should have told you that.’” - Dhani Harrison


4 comments:
This is the best post I've read in a longgg time!
Haha I am still convinced you and I are long lost blogging twins:)
Delighted you've discovered "Awkward George". His example in the early '60s gave hope to my generation of galumphy boys --that we might be attractive, despite our clumsiness, if we persued dreams and learned skills.
I'm glad Geaorge inspired you Geo. I think that's what the world really loved about the Beatles - that they really were just average, funny, nerdy guys!
And Jess I kinda think we are blogging twins too :)
Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for introducing me to Awkward George. Possibly taken the crown as my favourite tumblr ever, so funny (but sexy too...), ahaha.
x
Post a Comment