Thursday, 30 December 2010

Style Crush: Georgia Jagger for Chanel

Every time I open a magazine and see these pictures I fall more and more in love with them. I'm not usually a huge fan of Chanel - I usually find the styling too dark, tweedy and 'classic' for my liking - however I am impressed that they have taken the plunge and gone with a slightly more vivacious face for the new collection. It's about time Chanel left the thirties and forties and hit the 60s! (I'm sure I will piss off a number of devoted Chanel fans by saying this - Charlotte?!)

Anyhoo...I really love Georgia's style because she looks like such a classic 60s/70s style icon with her long blond locks. Ironically I think she has a touch of Marianne Faithfull in her...because that's not a bit weird!

 Bring back the high waisted jeans I say!
I also really love the mustard yellow/brown colour scheme in these three outfits.


I think this one's pretty cool too because it has the classic Chanel black and white detailing and yet still manages to achieve a kind of long 60s maxi dress feel.

Ah I love crochet dresses! Don't suppose they'd be terribly comfortable to wear though...
And gosh can you believe, only two more sleeps till 2011! Scary.

6 comments:

Rhiannon said...

such great style, and thanks so much for your comment!

gypsy said...

Love love love it, and agreed with you pretty much all the way! Although I do still love classic Chanel. I'm not dissing you though, I'm liking the diversity Chanel has to offer :)

JessM said...

Wow I love all of these outfits!
That crochet dress is pretty wonderful

Lizzy said...

Haha! Yes maybe I was a bit harsh on old Chanel classique...I'm sure I have liked certain classic Chanel pieces in the past!
Thanks for the lovely comments xx

B said...

All I can think when looking at that crochet dress is how flipping cool it must be. We've had verrry hot weather.

Lizzy said...

Oh yeah totally, so good for summer!