This blog is just an excuse for me to muse on my favourite styles.
There will not be alot of writing, but thats unimportant because a picture says a thousand words.
My personal style is largely influenced by the past, mostly 60s and 70s. I like punk, I like hippies, I like mods and I like to conglomerate different styles and eras. I believe high waisted is the only way to go, that vinyl records are one of the coolest inventions ever to grace the earth and that all the best music comes from the past.
I dress in a feminine but not girly manner, and oddly enough, alot of my inspiration comes from male styles, ie. 1950s jeans&t-shirt rockers, the Ramones, the Clash, the Beatles are big inspiration. When it comes to women my favourite style icons include Joan Jett, Edie Sedgwick, Anna Karina, topless hippies, Patti Smith, Iris from Taxi Driver, Joni Mitchell and Penelope Tree.
Undoubtably this blog will also feature alot of retro tunes.
Retro love x




No comments:
Post a Comment