Sunday, 4 September 2011

Late night Rage

Last night I got home late, after spending a lonely two hours on public transport back from the city. It was cold out, (early spring chill) and errily quiet for a Saturday night. Also the trains wern't running properly so there were connecting buses. When I finally got on the bus the driver was playing Gold 104 full blast, this is at like 11.30 at night when everyone's sleepy as hell, but then after the first terrible song the Easybeat's 'Sorry' came on and it kinda perked me up a bit. I had a big Easybeats faze last yr, and the woman in front of me was mouthing the lyrics and I think she was telling her son that she used to love this song when she was a teenager?

Anyway I got home late and turned on Rage. I have this thing where even if I get home late and am really tired, I just need to wind down for a bit before I go to bed, so I usually watch Rage. This time some middleaged Aussie band was guesting (no idea who they were) but they had pretty good taste in music. I discovered this old Paul Kelly song that I'd never heard before, apparently he kinda disowns his really early songs now because he's not proud of them or something, but I instantly fell in love. I think he is a total babe in this video.

They also played The Go Betweens 'Cattle and Cane', a song I fell in love with a couple of years ago.
I know there's been a lot of music posts lately, but I've been struggling with some inner demons of late and music is the easiest form of inspiration/expression that I can get at.

Enjoy


3 comments:

Nicole said...

I have a competition on my blog with lyrics of one song by Twiggy, so If you wanna participate- visit my blog! :)

http://twistandshout1960s.blogspot.com/

JessM said...

Man I really relate to a lot of this post.
No matter how late I get home, I also have to unwind with some time by myself... Usually some serious youtubing of old music, readng a rock bio, or watching an 80's movie does the trick.
Music is great therapy durinr hard times. My current favorite is probably "Shadow of a Doubt"-Sonic Youth. It helps on those kind of days.

Lizzy said...

Thankyou for the song suggestion Jess. Listened to it and I agree 'Shadow of a Doubt' is a great song :)